Sailboat rental


To rent a bareboat (no skipper) at Sailingside, you must, as a Skipper, fulfil two conditions:

  1. Experience: sailing in the Azores requires experienced sailors, so you must have a relevant experience in sailing under similar oceanic circumstances;
  2. Licenses: you must have navigation licenses that qualify you as a skipper (International Certificate of Competence) or similar qualification and a radio operator license.



Terms of payment

  • 40% for reservation confirmation, remaining 60% up to 4 weeks prior to departure
  • 100% in case the reservation is made less than 4 weeks prior to departure

Skipper: 120€/day or 700/week


  • 5% for a 2 weeks rental;
  • 8.5% for a 3 weeks rental;
  • 5% for second time visitors
  • additional 5% discount for reservations confirmed and paid for up to 4 months prior to departure


  • Up to 4 weeks prior to the departure: deposit only
  • Up to 3 weeks prior to the departure: 50% of the invoice total
  • Up to 2 weeks prior to the departure: 75% of the invoice total
  • Less than 2 weeks prior to the departure: 100% of the invoice total


Sailingside sailboats, as well as the listed activities, are adequately insured to the touristic-maritime enterprises, surpassing the law requirements and insuring the following coverage:

  • Civil liability: 250000 euros;
  • Personal accidents: 3 500 euros per person.

Any time you intend to contract Sailingside services, and if you feel our insurance coverage is insufficient for your particular case, you may require extra specific coverage. WE SUGGEST YOU HIRE YOUR OWN INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR CANCELATIONS, DAMAGES AND PERSONAL LIABILITIES.

Low season: November 1st 2016/ April 30th and January 1st 2016/April 30th 2016
Mid-season: May 1st 2016/June 15th 2016 and September 16th/October 15th
High season: June 16th/2016/September 15th 2016

Prices include:

  • IVA (tax);
  • Hot shower;
  • Bed and shower linen, kitchen utensils;
  • 3 pax snorkel;
  • Dinghy auxiliary boat
  • Welcome package (in “week” and “4 days” options);
  • Fuel: full tank delivery and return; 2.00 euros for each liter missing.
  • Taxes and marinas: Not Included
  • Sailboat final cleaning: 125 euros

Deposit: Not Included, cash or wire transfer

Week option: delivery at 6 p.m. and return until 10 a.m.
4 days option: delivery at 10 a.m. and return until 6 p.m.
Weekend option: Friday at 7 p.m. until Sunday at 6 p.m.
24 hours option: from 9 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Full day option: from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Half day option: from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.